Athenian Spaghetti Squash
- 2 large eggplants from your favorite farm
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 pound sliced Woodsfresh Mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 3/4 cup cooked macaroni
- 2 cups shredded monterey Jack cheese
How to Make:
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and remove pulp with sharp knife and spoon, leaving 1/4 inch shell. Coarsely chop pulp.
In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until soft but not brown, add chopped eggplant and cook 3 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, raisins, salt and oregano. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in macaroni and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spoon mixture into eggplant shells and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serves 4.
Chicken with Eggplant Carpaccio and Onion Marmalade
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat in a large pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil on high heat. When hot, sear each side of chicken breasts. Put seared chicken in greased baking pan. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- While chicken cooks, make the onion marmalade. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add1 tbsp. of oil and turmeric and cook for a minute. Add onions, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in ¼ cup water and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until onions are very soft about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally and add water if onions star sticking to pan. Remove from heat and stir honey. Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready serve.
- For the eggplant, heat grill pan over high heat. Brush eggplant slices on both sides with oil and season. In batches, frill eggplant on both sides until tender and browned, 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add butter and rest of oil to grill pan. Season both sides of chicken if needed, and grill chicken (skin side down) until skin is brown and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, fan several eggplant slices on each plate. Form a round of onion marmalade on top of eggplant and place chicken breast on top, skin side up. Serve immediately.